Virtual Athletic Therapy
We offer Virtual Athletic Therapy sessions as an excellent alternative way to get your one-on-one support from one of our Certified Athletic Therapist using your computer, tablet or smartphone in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
This is a great way to still get the help you need when you are unable to make it to the clinic for an in-person session due to sickness, quarantine, last minute commitments or bad weather.
What are the benefits of a Virtual service?
A virtual session has many of the same benefits as a face-to-face athletic therapy session. You will work directly with your therapist to discuss, assess, and diagnose problems just as if you were in the clinic. Our Certified Athletic Therapists have the skills and expertise to help you manage your condition/pain/injury and provide you with advice and home based personalised exercises to alleviate your symptoms.
During your virtual athletic therapy session, you can expect your therapist to:
- Ask you pertinent and in-depth health history questions
- Listen to your concerns, while giving you full attention and reassurance
- Visually evaluate your posture, mobility and strength
- Educate on the possible causes of your condition/injury/pain.
- Explain how to manage your pain and advise on re-injury preventative measures.
- Outline what activities will alleviate your symptoms, as well as those that may exacerbate your pain/injury
- Provide education and self-management techniques
- Develop and demonstrate a personalised home exercise program.
- Advise on an appropriate treatment plan
- Recommend necessary equipment - braces, tape, orthotics, etc. - if needed
- Direct you to other health services when appropriate
Here are some of the numerous conditions that Virtual Athletic Therapy can benefit you:
- Low back and neck pain, sciatica
- Frozen shoulder
- Pre and post surgery
- Muscle, tendon and ligament sprains and strains.
- Rotator cuff injury
- Postural Dysfunction
- Sport specific conditioning exercises
How to book your personalised Virutal appointment:
- Book via phone (613-276-8884) or online through our website (www.proactiveathletictherapy.com). If you phone, please leave a detailed voicemail
- Once booked, we will send you an email with your confirmed appointment date and time, a Health History Form and Consent Form to be completed and emailed back to us. A Zoom Link will ten be emailed to you for the appointment session.
- We will ask for payment at the end of the session either with credit card or e-transfer.
To get started with your virtual athletic therapy appointment, you can:
Thanks for visiting Kicking Horse Media Web Design & Development Inc. Website.
Call us at 613-257-5145 for a free consultation.
Scan the QR code below to link to the website