1. Does an atletic therapist only treat athletes?
Absolutely not. An athletic therapist will treat any individual who has an interest in improving their functional ability, their sport performance, decrease their pain and/or improve their quality of life.
2. Do I need a doctor’s referral before I make an appointment?
You do not need a physician’s referral to make an appointment for athletic therapy. However, some insurance plans require a physician’s referral to accept a claim.
3. Does my insurance company cover Athletic Therapy?
There are many insurance companies that cover Athletic Therapy such as listed below. We recommend you confirm with your insurance company to make sure your plan covers Athletic Therapy. The policies vary from workplace to workplace. We can provide you with a letter written by our Canadian Athletic Therapy Association asking to add Athletic Therapy to your plan.
Insurance companies and organisations that cover Athletic Therapy:
- Coughlin and Associates
- Desjardins Financial Security
- Great West Life Assurance
- Hockey Canada
- Rugby Canada
- Manulife Financial
- Athletics Canada
- Sunlife Insurance
- Ottawa Police Association
- Provincial Police Association
- Ontario Teachers Board of Education
Book an appointment Contact Us
Thanks for visiting Kicking Horse Media Web Design & Development Inc. Website.
Call us at 613-257-5145 for a free consultation.
Scan the QR code below to link to the website